Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 5- The Cheddar Burger at Cosmopolitan

I have to admit, I was the most excited about day five of this project because it meant that I got to break my diet and order my favorite food in Fresno guilt free. (I did it for the greater good... right?)

I love Cosmopolitan. The food is excellent and consistently OMFGAMAZEBALLSGOOD, the staff is friendly and the service is surprisingly fast for the amount of customers they get for the 12 o'clock hour every afternoon. I love the bar with its Old Fresno feel, I love the framed articles clipped from the Bee over the years that they have on the walls while you wait to order. I love when they have specials that blow my mind like pulled pork sandwiches or pot roast. I love that they don't get too upset when my kids make a mess with the saltines that were intended for my #2 special (Soup and half sandwich and a drink) and oh boy do I love that Cary, my 2 year old, said Cosmo as one of his first words.

But more than all of this, I love the Cheddar Burger. Its gigantic, juicy, flavorful, and it would even make cocky old Carl's Jr. feel pretty damn junior. I dream about it. I make my friends order it. I lick my fingers, and if no one is watching, the paper on the tray as well. It is my absolute hands down favorite burger in the universe. And its in downtown Fresno, and I love it even more for that.

(Photo taken by me just before I had a cookie-monster-esque moment on it and grunted and slobbered my way through the whole thing. Be lucky I'm not licking the computer screen right now.)

Cosmopolitan is located at 1546 Fresno Street, at the corner for Fresno and G.
(559) 266-8662

7 comments:

  1. The Cosmo is a great place, and it's the oldest continuously operating bar in town. A little divey for folks from the north end of town, but it's a classic for both food and drink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i suspect there may be a lunch run on these bad boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to add a comment to smokeybehr because it is the oldest family owned continuously operating bar in Fresno. It has been owned by the Lanfranco family since the early 1930's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear god, I want that and their sweet potato fries NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I go to Cosmopolitan for the Creative Fresno Blender last night and ended up having 2 bottles of Guinness + my buddy James' Sierra Nevada. Final bill: $7.50. What's not to love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe I've never tried this place prior to seeing your blog. Their burger was AWESOME! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete