Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 13- Triangle Drive In

I hate to use two pictures of myself in a row- but this is me in my natural habitat. Triangle Drive In is on Belmont right by the 99 and is one of my long standing reasons for loving this city. They blast KJewel, they have Coca-Cola memorabilia everywhere, the tables have green benches outside, and the burgers are fantastic.

I know, this is also the second hamburger to appear in my 31 days so that probably says a lot about me, but if you haven't had a jumbo cheeseburger from Triangle then I just really don't think you can judge me.

Triangle has been in business since 1963, situated on a triangular lot across from the cemetery and up the street from Motel Drive. Sure you might see the occasional pimp conducting his business, but really, you'd just be at home watching it on COPS anyway, why not get a live show? The milkshakes are worth it, as is the friendly service and food that hasn't slipped in quality at all since I've been a patron- a least 25 years- I know my parents were bringing me there as soon as I could gum french fries.

There aren't a lot of healthy options on the menu, but you can count your calories another day, the chicken burger is just too delish for that kind of nonsense. Plus, the breaded mushrooms rock and the clam strips are to die for.*

Its a great little spot, one where I always run into people I know, and one where I'm constantly bringing people to try. No one has left disappointed yet.

(Photo Credit to Jennifer Emerling. Burger credit to Triangle.)
* I'm super allergic to shellfish. I'm pretty sure that if the doctor ever tells me I have one day to live, I'm just going to have a Triangle clam strips bender and go out in a blaze of anaphyllaxis glory.

2 comments:

  1. i seriously LOVE triangle! they have good grilled cheese sandwiches too, for the vegetarians or people who just like that buttery-dairy goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The milk shakes are made with fresh fruit & are to die for!!! Real Ice cream & fresh fruit, how cn you go wrong. Just like Grandma used to make.

    ReplyDelete