Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Ultimate Fresno Bucket List

In order to be a complete, true 100% well rounded Fresnan, what does it take? What experiences are absolutely essential?

I'm compiling The Ultimate Fresno Bucket List, and I want everyone to help. I'm looking for things like, but not limited to:

  • Not only watch, but compete in the Inner Ear Beat Down Poetry Slam.
  • Do a fruit stand crawl and purchase a piece of fresh fruit at each stall at a farmers market. Greater challenge: do this for individual fruit stands out in the country!
  • Organize a protest (against anything, really) and hold it at Shaw and Blackstone. Considered a supreme success if there is an opposing side.
  • Dig at least an underground window box, if not a whole garden.
  • Have tacos with Mike Osegueda. Bonus points for trying at least 5 separate restaurants into one meal. Ultrabonus points for tweeting the whole adventure.

I'll be adding to this as I think of things, and I want everyone's ideas (don't worry, I'll be sure to put your name next to your clever witticisms and sincere aspirations!)

5 comments:

  1. LOL, I have my bucket list online : http://www.popclogs.com/user/2/jon/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Play hookie and take in a day game at "The Chuck" and spend more time laughing at the Crazy guy in the left field bleachers than you do watching the game with the other 150 folks in attendance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I'll be compiling a massive ever growing list soon! Thanks for the input!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sorry i got to this late, but thanks Kim for the wonderful shout out to our little show. ...and yes, we would love to have you jump on into the fray to compete for the title of "Slam Champion" & da cash prize! Fresno Rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've done the fruit stand crawl. It's easy if you follow the Blossom Trail.

    I've protested at Blackstone and Shaw. I've shouted at the nuts on the southeast corner.

    I'm waiting for an invite from Mike Oz for his next Taco Stand Crawl. I've hit him up more than once about it.

    Something that should be on everyone's bucket list is seeing the lights of the Valley from the mountains. Bonus points if you can see the cars going up Pacheco Pass and/or the Grapevine. Additional points if it's during the winter, and there's a blanket of fog. Seeing the translucent light bubbles of all the little cities is unique.

    ReplyDelete